When you decide to move to a new ERP software or upgrade your existing ERP system, you are doing more than just getting new software. You are essentially re-engineering your organization-- from processes to procedures to management. This is why it is so critical to choose the right vendor/reseller.
But how do you choose? When your decision-making process is purely objective, you might find that your choices aren't narrowed down much. For example, objective ERP selection criteria include:
- Price/Cost of Ownership
- Software Functionality
- Industry Fit
- Flexibility and Scalability
But when you add subjective criteria into your decision-making process, you'll likely find that your vendor/reseller list is smaller. Subjective ERP selection criteria include:
- Level of support from vendor/reseller
- Vendor/reseller fit with your company's size/industry/location, etc.
- Vendor/reseller team expertise and experience
- Your trust and confidence in the vendor/reseller
- Customer testimonials of the software and the reseller
- Active software user communities and conferences